Jönköping University

Saturday, September 18, 2010

mix of emotions

hey blog followers, lol. Its been a couple of days since I last updated, because it was a busy week. A quote from my canadian roomate Tyler...."my classes are getting in the way of my vacation" is kind of how I feel about the shitty classes that I currently have to sit through every week. My swedish class isn't that bad, but there is now the culture and society part of the class that started, which equates to ANOTHER 8 AM lecture during the week. I couldn't think of a better way to start my day than to listen about Swedish Immigration policy during the 20th century!! I want to learn the interesting/cool things about Sweden, not about history. Okay, maybe like 10% history, 90% useful/cool things about Sweden. Also, on a side note: the exchange rate between the SEK and US dollar is at an all-time low right now. Yesterday, we received our invoices for 2.5 months rent. Coincidence? I think not....

Today is my brothers' 24th birthday, so I would like to wish him a happy birthday. Wish I could be there to celebrate it with him. :(

....On Thursday, I met up with my Swedish contact person, and she cooked a typical Swedish dinner for me. Her names Madeleine, and she made boiled potatoes, meatballs, home-made bread, Skärgårdsill, Inlagdsill, and a special white sauce that she made (sour cream with chives plus some herb salt). The two fancy words ending in "sill" are Herring fish, and come in different varieties. The Skärgårdsill (dont ask me how to pronounce it, lol) is Archipelago Herring, and the "Inlagsill" is pickled herrring. It sounded weird, but I ate it, and it was delicious! Afterwords, 3 of her good-looking friends came over, and we drank a little bit. They went to an expensive night-club around like 11:30ish, and I went back to Delta bc I had a 8 AM class the next day.

Friday night, after warming up with beer pong, we went to a night club called Centrum. This was my first club outside of Akademien, and was a pretty cool place. The music was LOUD, and the light effects were pretty cool. The girls were okay. It was a good night, and a good start to the weekend. I was invited by Madeleine to a harvest festival this sunday in Visingsö, which is an island in Jönköping. I may go to it, depending on how much $$ it costs.

So....I'm angry at the exchange rate, and with both of my classes....I'm sad that I can't be there for my bro's bday, and happy/joyous about everything else. :) 5 days until Oktoberfest!!!!

1 comment:

  1. bra your in the scandanavian area where swear words were invented but you gotta keep the bad words out! lol

    ReplyDelete