Jönköping University

Friday, September 10, 2010

1 month anniversary

"This is the true story, of 12 strangers, picked to live in a floor in Delta House...go to school together and have their lives photographed excessively......to find out what happens, when people stop caring about their own country, and start getting real....The real world: Sweden!!"

I figured that fit with the theme of the blog, and also because I'm living my own real world experience, knowing zero people about a month ago. Which reminds me...today is the 1 month anniversary of being in Europe! It was August 11th that I bid farwell to the States with my father and took a 7 hour flight to Europe. This has been the longest, and most fun (grammer?)month of my life. It's sad being away from friends and family, but at the same time I know they understand that its definetely worth being over here....and that I shall return soon.

I'll celebrate tonight at the "Forest Party" in a nearby place called Raslatt. The idea for the party was my idea, after talking to an Australian girl who mentioned that in Raslatt, there was a lot of forests nearby. I was like "hey, we should have an outdoor party, have a fire, drink some alcohol, and maybe make s'mores." She liked the idea and we made a private facebook event (so the landlords won't find out). So far there's 31 attending.....I'm hoping it doesn't rain.

Also, there are now 12 people living on my floor, after a guy named Luigi moved in (It's easy to guess where he's from, lol). Its been fun living with my roommates so far, minus sharing a kitchen with 12 people. The wide range of personalities makes it interesting, and I am happy to be known as Marky Mark, and my roommates are the Funky Bunch. lol

SPORTS: I've played volleyball two nights this week, and has been fun minus the balls leaving red marks on my forearms. I also played a Swedish sport called Innebandy, which is basically like playing floor hockey with a wiffleball....trying to score into a really small goal. After playing for 2 hours, I was completely drained. In this sport, you are constantly starting and stopping. It's a lot of fun, but exhausting.

Finally...Oktoberfest is officially going to happen, and bought my ticket this week for 3000 SEK, or 300 Euros, or 400ish US dollars. This includes a bus ride to and from Munich, two nights at a campsite, a 3 day unlimited metro card, museum discounts (yea....maybe), and a Beer Challenge tour. Two weeks away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment