Jönköping University

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

gettin cold

Last night it was 9 degrees celsius outside (48 degrees American), and I can definetely feel the transition to colder weather here in Sweden. I can handle it for now, but me being a thin-blooded Floridian, it's only a matter of time before I wear two pairs of pants to schoool, lol. Also, last night the street was literally empty with people. Swedes do not go out on Mondays....at all.

The forest party last saturday was fun, and there was a great turnout (40-50 people). It took a while for the party to get started, because my fire making abilities are very limited (see fb pictures). Once we got the fire going, we could actually see each other and the party started. We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows, then the Spanish guys jumped the fire.....Honestly tho, after about 2.5 hours, it was getting kinda boring (no music)....and we called it a night, and took the 20 min bus ride home.

On sunday, we went to see Jonkoping's championship hockey team (HV-71) play an exhibition match. There weren't any big fights or bloody noses, so it wasn't as good as Canadian hockey, but it was still worthwhile seeing and going with friends. And getting free stuff :)

My Italian roommate Chiara is teaching me to speak a little Itanliano. I just want to be able to say a couple of things, not speak the language fluently. Same with Swedish....I just want to be able to call a person something, and say hi/bye. Maybe have a first grade conversation. Swedish class is going okay, but it feels like we're learning random things here and there....and its difficult to learn the goofy Swedish language. My other engineering class is pretty bad as well....my Chinese professor who doesn't speak english and reads from the slides is a guaranteed winner of Sweden's Worst Teacher Award 2010.

But I'm not letting that get in the way of my experience here. Also...can't wait for the care package my parents sent! There's no Mac'n'Cheese here in Sweden!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment