Jönköping University

Saturday, September 4, 2010

jumped in lake

so I just went for a run around the lake again with my french roommate (short, fast, very ninja-like) lol......and then afterwards we jumped in the lake from the docks. The water didn't feel as numbingly cold like last time, and felt very refreshing. Tonight I am going to a "mexican party" and then going to see a film at the Jonkoping film festival with a group of friends (not sure what its about yet). So it should be another fun night out. No more Akademien for a while.

I forgot to mention in the previous post that I now have a "contact person," which was set up by the student union. There was a mingle before the welcome dinner last wednesday night, and it was revealed to me that my contact person was a swedish girl, 27, with red hair (not your typical swedish girl). So she's supposed to help me out if I need anything, etc. I told her that we should do some authentic Swedish cooking sometime, and she agreed. :)

Now that welcome week is over, it is up to us to meet new people and plan trips, etc. I'm thinking about taking a trip to see Oktoberfest in Munich. This year, they celebrate the 200th anniversary of the festival, so I'm sure its going to be a shitshow aka "a really great time." My goal is to get a lot of ppl to go, because theres already a student organization that set up the trip, we just need to buy the tickets......

No comments:

Post a Comment