Jönköping University

Monday, October 11, 2010

Autumn

Went for a walk around Jonkoping today with two of my friends...what a beautful time of year in Sweden! Leaves are changing colors, the sun was out, and we took some great pictures of the city and university (see fb). Actually there are rumors that we will get our first snowfall this saturday, which I hope is wrong because I'm not ready yet! This past saturday we went on a hike to a hilly/foresty area about 7 km away from the university, and was refreshing to see nature and be outdoors with good company. After the hike, we were given the option to walk home and see the Swedish countryside.....had nothing else to do, so why not? At first, it felt like we were lost, because we were by a lot of farms and pastures...but eventually we made our way back after a 2-hour journey. :) below are my favorite 2 pictures...


Copenhagen. I'm going there for Halloween weekend (Friday 10/29 to Monday 11/1) with about 16 other people. 5 people including myself are taking my friend Sebastian's car, which will be cheaper than taking a train. We just booked a hostel for 3 nights that has 14 beds to a room! I'm not sure what to expect from this trip, but I am excited because the people going are fun.

Tyler and I finally found barbeque sauce here in Sweden! We were both really happy, and made BBQ Pork with rice, and vegetables last week and it tasted great!(because it was American). Also, Taco Tuesday was bigger than usual last week: 12 people! I helped cook a little so I wouldn't have to clean afterwords, lol. We're doing it again tomorrow as well. I wonder what our next tradition will be.....maybe snowball fight sunday?? lol
Also, the end of Segment 1 is approaching, which means finals for me are in like 8 days! Time to actually study and learn Swedish. I like only taking 2 classes at a time for 10 weeks...it's much easier than trying to balance 4 or 5 classes for the whole semester. Sweden 1, America 0.

Congratulations to my good friend Jared Masucci for winning the title of Mr. UCF back home! You did amazing, and should try out for American Idol next year for sure. http://sga.ucf.edu/extra/. My fraternity also won first place in KD Shakedown last month, another great accomplishment! I'm proud of all my brothers in what they have done this year, and miss everyone. I am looking forward to meeting the new brothers as well. The best thing I can do now is wear my Beta shirt when I go on cool trips around Europe. Beta's going international! Forever in _Kai_.

No comments:

Post a Comment