Jönköping University

Thursday, October 28, 2010

ready for a great weekend

School is back in session (already?), but my two classes seem to be a lot better than last segment. My Materials and Simulation professor is very helpful, and has a sense of humor (even though the material is kinda boring). I actually recognized my other Swedish professor when I walked in the room, because he was the one who gave us the funny/weird "inspirational speech" at the beginning of welcome week. He teaches "International and Intercultural Communication," which is perfect because I'm essentially learning about what I'm already doing here in Sweden...communicating with different cultures and breaking down the barrier that exists.

In class today, I realized that I was the only person from the United States in the lecture hall. Being surrounded by 100 or so students from all parts of the world was a unique experience. I represented the USA by being loud, obnoxious and clueless about other people's cultures! just kidding, lol. We also split up into groups of 8 or so, and got to know each other. In my group, we have people from India, China, Belgium, Netherlands, and 3 from Sweden.

Anyways, we leave for Copenhagen tomorrow morning at 9! Ready to celebrate halloween in style, as a viking! The trip isn't 100% planned, and we will plan as we go (the best way to do it, lol). Hej då!

No comments:

Post a Comment