Jönköping University

Thursday, August 26, 2010

welcome week

welcome week has been a blast so far, with fun stuff going on everyday and every night. It started off monday in the morning, where all the engineering exchange students were in a big room. We met our "Fadders" which were our father figures for the week, who would show us an awesome time, as well as some other nice ladys that will help out on the academic side. Judging from everyones body language in the room, they were all a little bit nervous/anxious about getting this thing going. Everyone is in the same shoes, which put me at ease.

A highlight would be the yellow overall ceremony, which is a tradition at Jonkoping University. Every school has their own color, and their own way of doing things. For us, we headed to the park to have a friendly competition. When we walked there, we saw a bunch of naked people laying on the ground, with their clothes in a straight line. The goal was to make the longest line, with whatever you had on. For me, I got down to my boxers and that was enough. The other activites involved taking a bath in the lake, making a model of the university campus with whatever we could find on the beach, laying down in the grass in a line, and rolling over each other, and finally...going down a slip and slide on a hill into the mud. My yellow overalls got muddy as hell....but its tradition to never wash your overalls, lol.

Swedish night life is pretty amazing, and the city definetely comes alive at night. Last night, we went on a "pub crawl" to 3 different places around the city, which was fun. After that we went to Akademien, which is the student run nightclub for the University. Theres two dancefloors, and a louge upstairs...the beers are pretty cheap too, only 35 SEK, which is about 5 US dollars. I left Akademien around midnight, and then went out to a place called O'leary's with my roommates. After tearing up the dance floor, I called it a night around 2:30. I've never danced that much or had so much fun in a night club before, and the best part was that I wasn't even drunk, lol.

Yestecday, I woke up and my voice was gone, I could barely even talk. I even had class that morning too, and we had to introduce ourselves to the class in Swedish. So when it was my turn, I stood up ( the first one to do that, after I stood up, everyone else followed lol), and tried my best to talk....wasn't too embarrasing lol.

There's also been like zero free time, so this morning it was nice to sleep in and relax. Also if you havent added me on skype its marc.buonanni :)

No comments:

Post a Comment