Jönköping University

Friday, August 20, 2010

Finally in Sweden

Well I'm finally at my apartment in Jonkoping, which is overlooking the main street. I'm right in the middle of it all, and a 5 minute walk to just about anywhere in the city. I'm right above a club called "the velvet louge," and from what I've been told gets pretty loud at night. The building was pretty much empty last night, and was kinda creepy at night, like out of a horror movie. Luckily I knew a swedish girl Maria (friend of a friend of a friend) who showed me the city last night. We walked around for a while, and had a lot of fun just talking about everything and anything. It was nice to finally make a good connection, because when I left my dad at the train station, I felt kinda lonely. I also just met a guy in my hall from Germany, named Borris, who seemed pretty cool.

Now the hard part will be actually living here: doing laundry with buttons in swedish, and cooking stuff from the grocery store, with everything also in swedish. My laundry was taking forever in the wash (over an hour and a half), so I said screw it, opened it up, and water came gushing out. Looks like I'm going to have to run the dryer for a little bit longer, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment