Jönköping University

Monday, December 20, 2010

Final Post from Sweden

Really... my final post ever from Sweden!? This is sad, because I've enjoyed my time over here so much. Tomorrow I leave in the evening tomorrow night, and take a train to Copenhagen at midnight. I will sleep in the airport overnight, because my flight leaves early at 7.30. Hopefully, since I'm flying gold, I can chill and eat free food in the "gold lounge" or whatever.

Recap of James Jarman's and Victor's Visit: They came in Wednesday, and I showed them what Sweden was like, and I think they enjoyed it. We went and hung out at O'leary's sports bar Thursday night. Friday we went snowboarding at a "mountain" 30 minutes away. The mountain wasn't very big, so it was a perfect opportunity to try and learn snowboarding. After falling on my ass the first run down, I picked up on turning/carving and the rest was easy. Even pulled an air off a jump. :) After waking up early on Friday to go snowboarding, we went to a goodbye party at Villhemsro, a student accommodation 10 minutes by bus. James and Victor were meeting people, as people were crying and saying goodbye, so it was interesting, lol. But its a different experience for them, because they came as friends already knowing someone in Sweden.

My finals went well, and I hope I passed all 4 classes so I get my international engineering minor. Everything has been coming to a close the past 2 weeks, so I've been slowing getting ready to go home. I said a lot of goodbyes today, or "see you laters." Most semesters at UCF fly by, but this semester felt like a long time. I've been in Europe for a long time, and done a lot of travelling: Copenhagen, Munich for Oktoberfest, Kiruna, Tallinn-Estonia, and of course Norway and Stockholm with my father. I really bonded with my friends in Delta, and we have become very close. I will miss them a lot, and probably won't see them for at least a year or two. Starting off 4.5 months ago not knowing a single soul in Europe, to the place where I'm at today is really rewarding to think about. I will really miss Sweden, but my time here is finished. Time for the next chapter of my life, to use the things I learned here. Hej da!

No comments:

Post a Comment